Click the arrow button beside a site to hide portions that do not apply to the site.
What personal information is collected by Hiveworks LLC
The IP address is always collected in order for a web server to know where to send data. IP address log retention is determined by the webserver maintenance features.
- Hiveworks Hosted - Your IP (IPv4) address is collected by the machine and it's webserver software (Apache HTTPD) in order to serve you the webpage, images, and scripts necessary for the website to function. This information is stored for statistical purposes to help troubleshoot problems and is stored until disk space is needed. This information is additionally used to block abusive users from the system.
- Slipshine Hosted - Your IP (IPv4) address, and username is collected by the machine and it's webserver software (Apache HTTPD) in order to serve you the webpage, images, and scripts necessary for the website to function. This information is stored for statistical purposes to help troubleshoot problems and is stored until disk space is needed. This information is additionally used to block abusive users from the system and non-subscribers from accessing subscriber areas. Slipshine collects the username, password in order to serve subscriber pages and images.
- When an IP address is behind a proxy, Network Address Translation or if the comic is behind a reverse-proxy, the webserver may not log the real public-facing IP address. None of our content is dependent on knowing the real public-facing IP address of the end-user. Third-party Advertisement RTB systems may serve non-paying ads to users using anonymizing services to prevent abuse of such services. We may block access from anonymizing services to prevent abuse.
- Third-party Hosted - Hiveworks does not collect any information from the hosting machine or service provider. Hiveworks LLC first-party ad servers collect IP address information for campaign auditing.
When is information collected by Hiveworks LLC
- Hiveworks comic websites do not ask for PII unless you participate in comments, forums or contact the author. Ip address information is utilized by the Hiveworks LLC first-party ad servers and is collected only when Hiveworks LLC provides advertisement services.
- Hiveworks collects troubleshooting information when the "Report an AD problem" form is used.
- Third-party Hosted - Hiveworks does not collect any information from the hosting machine or service provider. Only ip-address information is utilized by the Hiveworks LLC first-party ad servers and is collected only when Hiveworks LLC provides advertisement services.
How is information used by Hiveworks LLC
- Hiveworks comic websites do not ask for PII unless you participate in comments, forums or contact the author. Advertisements are placed on Hiveworks LLC hosted sites by Hiveworks LLC first-party ads servers determined by available remaining inventory, geolocation, or web browser agent.
- Some Hiveworks comics or sites use or formerly use the Wordpress CMS software. Wordpress sites may allow comments that are stored on the website. This PII is migrated to Disqus at the time of migration.
- Some Hiveworks comics, partnered third party sites, or sites we provide ad services to use Google Analytics which is used for statistical aggregation.
- Third-party hosts do not transfer information to Hiveworks LLC. Advertisements are placed on third-party sites by Hiveworks LLC first-party ads servers determined by available remaining inventory, geolocation, or web browser agent.
How does Hiveworks LLC protect your information
- Most Hiveworks comics do not host forums or comments systems, and thus do not collect PII.
- Some Hiveworks comics or sites use or formerly use the Wordpress CMS software. Wordpress sites may allow comments that are stored on the website.
- Slipshine Studio uses PII to fight copyright infringement. When you use Slipshine, you are not permitted to redistribute your subscriber information. You are not permitted to redistribute any content hosted by Slipshine Studio.
- Third party websites do not send PII to Hiveworks LLC
Our adservers are ads.thehiveworks.com and b.thehiveworks.com , these are our first-party ad servers. We use these servers for Direct-sale campaigns and comic ads are hosted by these ad servers. If cookies are blocked to these domains, you may see the same advertisements repeatedly. Our third party ad partners listed below are setup through these servers, and they set their own third-party cookies.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Pixietrix Comix utilizes Hiveworks LLC's first-party ad servers to deliver Pixietrix's advertisements.
- Hiveworks comics, hosted websites, and partners use advertisements which use third-party cookies to personalize the advertisements. Slipshine Studio does not use any third-party advertisements. Advertisement services we may use:
- Revive (formerly known as OpenX Source or phpadsnew), we utilize ad servers powered by Revive for first party ads, direct-sale campaigns, and empty inventory.
- Google Adsense, Google DoubleClick Ad Exchange, and Google Analytics all use third party cookies, and may connect this information.
- Pulsepoint ad exchange, formerly known as Contextweb and Adsdaq. Pulsepoint third party cookies and is a RTB ad exchange.
- Sovrn, formerly known as Lijit, Inc, sells ads on Hiveworks, or passes unsold traffic to third parties RTB
- OpenX also known as Openads, not to be confused with OpenX Source (now Revive) which we also use. OpenX uses third-party cookies. Some third parties use OpenX as their RTB demand-side backend.
- AppNexus, uses third party cookies. Some third party ad partners use AppNexus as their RTB demand-side backend. We currently use bRealtime and District M which use AppNexus.
- Fenix Media, may sell ads that show on Hiveworks or pass unsold advertisement traffic to third parties RTB
- Mad Ads Media, may sell ads that show on Hiveworks or pass unsold advertisement traffic to third parties RTB
- Quantcast is an analytics system that is used by some sites to track demographics
- Hiveworks LLC and Slipshine Studio reserve the right to deploy countermeasures to reduce copyright infringement from the theft of our content. Any action we take is in persuit of removing the infringing material only.
- Hiveworks LLC does not buy, sell, trade or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information(PII). Any information we use is limited to publicly available Geolocation data and Whois information for abuse reduction.
- Hiveworks LLC does not control third parties use of data. No PII is transferred between Hiveworks LLC to third party hosts. We do not partner with websites who exist only to gather PII.
- Slipshine Studio does not buy, sell or trade or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Slipshine Studio may report copyright infringement to the Internet Service Provider, website hosts, proxy providers in an effort to remove infringing materials posted by subscribers without authorization. Subscribers caught posting content Slipshine content without authorization will have their accounts canceled. The subscriber's Internet Service Provider will be notified if the abuse is egregious as most Internet Service Providers prohibit engaging in copyright infringement.
Third Party Links
- Comics hosted by Hiveworks LLC may have third party links that the site owner at their own discretion have included, with or without payment. Hiveworks LLC offers no responsibility for the accuracy of such links and we offer no liability for third party links on hosted websites.
- Third party websites partnered by Hiveworks LLC may include their own third party links. We take no responsibility for any content or links that appear on our partners sites as we typically do not control the sites themselves.
- Slipshine Studio includes third party links to other partners, authors Tumblr, Twitter or other personal sites. These are at the discretion of the artist, and we take no responsibility or liability for these third party links.
All our partners provide some level of opt-out mechanisms for tracking. Please see their respective Privacy Policies in the previous section for the exact mechanism. There are also browser features or extensions that can help control tracking cookies.
For Hiveworks hosted Comics, you can stop reading the comics at any time, and no further information will be tracked.
For Slisphine hosted Comics, you can stop reading the comics at any time, and you can cancel your subscription to the members site at any time. CCBill will retain subscriber information in order to allow re-subscription.
For third-party hosted Comics, you can stop reading the comics at any time. Any information retained by third parties can typically be erased by clearing the cookies for the site.
- Google may connect Google Analytics data to Google Adsense and Doubleclick Ad Exchange
- Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to users based on their visit to the sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- You can direct opt out of some third-party vendors’ uses of cookies for personalized advertising by visiting www.aboutads.info.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit Network Advertising .
How does Hiveworks LLC and Slipshine Studio handle Do Not Track headers?
- Hiveworks LLC hosted content will not change it's behavior in response to the DNT header. The DNT header is not supported by Revive ad server.
- Slipshine Studio hosted content will not change it's behavior in response to the DNT header.
- Third party hosts and partners may configure the DNT header differently from Hiveworks LLC. Pixietrix Comix hosted sites are not DNT-aware.
CalOPPA, COPPA(Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
- Slipshine LLC is only marketed to Adults, and CCBill requires a valid Credit card to use the subscription site.
- Third party hosts that operate forums or games collect additional information to personalize the user experience, this information is not shared with Hiveworks LLC.